Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mark Moffett -- my new favorite person


So I was browsing around on the web today and came across a video of Mark Moffett on The Colbert Report. Which led to a video of Mark Moffett on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Both are hilarious and if you haven't seen them already, you definitely should. I kind of wish I was Mark Moffett now -- scientist, adventurer, photographer, journalist. That sounds like a sweet gig. And I love his website. Go check it out if you haven't already.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be surprised if you haven't meet Mark Moffett in person, either at meetings or while working in the Ant room at Harvard. He's a cool fellow indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually met him in person, although I have conversed with him through email, and he came to BU once when I was away. I didn't realize he was such a celebrity, though, to be on The Colbert Report and such. I'm sure we'll get around to meeting in person one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for pointing the website out. I think it's just been updated. I also aspire to be like Mark Moffett who's professionally photographing ants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Mark at last year's IUSSI meeting. Had a few drinks with him, in fact. I'm sure you'll run into him sooner or later. Btw, would you like to provide a link to our electronic checklist of Philippine ants? The URL is http://stri.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?act=x_checklist&guide=Ants_Philippines Gary Alpert, Stefan Cover, and I maintain this list. Cheers,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure -- I added it to my "Links of Antiness" page on my research site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete