Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another Identification Tutor and Some Other Cool Sites

I received an email from Christiana Klingenberg from the State Museum of Natural History in Karlsruhe, Germany. She said she liked my ant quiz and pointed me to another similar quiz located at http://www.antbase.de/cgi-bin/antbase/tutor-englisch.cgi. Actually they call it an Identification Tutor, which sounds a lot better and may even be more accurate. Maybe I'll start calling mine an identification tutor, as well. Some of the pictures are a little hard to see, but it still works pretty well. And they have a lot more pictures than I do (at the moment anyway). So check it out. It can be found on the site www.antbase.net, which looks like a really nice resource, especially if you are interested in ants from Germany, Malaysia, or Mongolia -- kind of a bizarre trifecta. I keep finding these very nice websites with all sorts of cool features I would like to include on my website, but don't have the time to do. For instance, Jochen Bihn's website on the ant fauna of Cachoeira Nature Reserve has a really cool RSS feed from uBioRSS that lets you display news and journal articles on specific taxa. I would love to put that up on my website but I can't figure the thing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment